Minutes of Meeting held on 13th December 2017

Present: Tony Geeson (Chair), Jackie Morris, Lorraine Lewis

In attendance: Ward Cllr Bob Matthews, 1 member of public, Graeme Adkin (Clerk).

1. Apologies for absence

1.1 Anthony Powers, Liz Morawiecka, Keith Ray.

2. Declarations of interest & consider requests for dispensations.

2.1 None declared.

3. Minutes of meeting 15th November, and matters arising

3.1 Minutes agreed and signed.

3.2 No matters arising.

4. Clerk’s report, including bills to pay

4.1 In view of late arrival of bank statements, it had not been possible to give a financial statement as at 5th December. However, a full reconciliation will be provided at the January meeting.

4.2 Cllrs approved the following payments:-
Donation to Church £1,450.00
Clerk salary as agreed by Cllrs
HMRC £269.60

4.3 Cllrs signed cheques, initialled invoices to verify amounts reported.

4.4 Clerk advised of works carried out by Balfour Beatty and updated the meeting on other issues, including notification of the external auditor w.e.f. 2017/18, and the General Data Protection Regulation, which will come into effect from 25th May 2018.

4.5 Clerk to: – a) research cost of additional grit bins for specific locations, and b) dog mess bins – initial cost and on-going cost of emptying.

5. Other Reports

Ward Cllr Bob Matthews

5.1 Bob updated the meeting on various issues.

5.2 Bob will circulate wider, Bill Wiggin MP’s response regarding the number of potential routes for the WRR.


5.3 Clerk updated meeting on the latest newsletter from the Safer Neighbourhood Team.

Footpaths Officer

5.4 The footpaths officer reported that he had completed his checking of all footpaths in the parish and confirmed that all were in good condition, as were the styles and gates.

5.5 Agreed to advise the public to ensure gates are always closed.

5.6 Cllrs thanked John for his hard work on the footpaths.

Village Hall

5.7 As yet, no feedback received from the meeting last week.

Tree Warden

5.8 Nothing to report.

6. Environment and Amenities Working Group

6.1 Tony advised he had received written support from Bill Wiggin MP to introduce reduced speed limits on the lanes. He will continue to gain support from other groups before making a formal application.

6.2 Work to identify and install the bench and interpretation boards is on-going.

7. Precept 2018/19

7.1 Following a discussion, Cllrs agreed to increase the precept for 2018/19 by £800 to £12,265.00.

8. Lengthsman

8.1 Cllrs identified 2 footpath and bridleway signs that required attention – works for the lengthsman.

9. Planning

9.1 No planning decisions to report
9.2 No planning applications received this month.

10. Correspondence

10.1 No points arising.

11. Items for next agenda

11.1 Usual items.

Signed ………………………………. Date ………………….
Chair/Vice chair

Date of next meeting – 17th January 2018