Minutes of Meeting held on 26th July 2017

Present: Tony Geeson (Chair), Anthony Powers, Lorraine Lewis, Jackie Morris, Liz Morawiecka.

In attendance: Ward Cllr Bob Matthews, Graeme Adkin (Clerk).


1. Apologies for absence

1.1 Keith Ray & John Wade

2. Declarations of interest & consider requests for dispensations.

2.1 None.


3. Minutes of meeting 17th May and matters arising

3.1 Minutes discussed and agreed by Cllrs. Tony signed the minutes.


4. Clerk’s report, including bills to pay

4.1 Clerk gave details of the financial statement as at 30th June 2017.

4.2 Cllrs approved the following payments:-
Lengthsman £498.00
NDP reimbursement to TG (previous chq not presented) £27.00
Village Hall £49.50
Reimburse clerk – “thank you” gifts £24.80
May mtg refreshments £18.10 £42.90
Clerk salary – as agreed with Cllrs
4.3 Cllrs signed cheques, initialled invoices and bank statements to verify amounts reported.

4.4 Clerk advised Cllrs of the works carried out by the Locality Steward.


5. Other Reports

Ward Cllr Matthews

5.1 Bob updated the meeting on various issues.


5.2 No report.

Footpaths Officer

5.3 Cllrs agreed that the lengthsman is to replace the finger post on KAR.

5.4 The missing gate on the footpath is not to be replaced at this stage. Clerk to advise Locality Steward and check liability if an accident.

5.5 Clerk to check ownership of f/p to get it strimmed / mown.

Village Hall

5.6 No report.

Tree Warden

5.7 Clerk provided a report from the Tree Warden.


6. Roads and rural site allocation

6.1 General discussion.

6.2 Clerk to draft S106 wishlist.


7. Environment and Amenities Working Group

7.1 EAWG to consider S106 wish list.

7.2 Contact HC regarding permission for bench at Breinton Common


8. Breinton Charities

8.1 Richard Griffiths and Pat Churchward were re-appointed as the Parish Council representatives on Breinton Charities.


9. Herefordshire Council Budget Consultation

9.1 Liz to draft a response.


10. Lengthsman

10.1 Replace finger post on BT2, KAR.

10.2 Advise Locality Steward of pot hole areas.


11. Planning

Recent decisions

11.1 Clerk advised the meeting of recent planning decisions on properties at: –
Swainshall, Verso (172240) – approval
Pigeon House Farm (171117) – approval


12. Correspondence

12.1 No points arising.


13. Items for next agenda

13.1 S106 wish list


Signed ………………………………. Date ………………….
Chair/Vice chair


Date of next meeting – 23rd August 2017