Minutes of Meeting held on 22nd August 2018

This meeting was booked and due to be held in the Village Hall, but on arrival, another group were already in the Hall and would not move out. The venue was quickly changed to the Church, but Keith Ray did not get the news of the revised location when he arrived at the VH, hence his name does not appear as either an attendee, or having given his apologies for absence.

Present: Tony Geeson, Liz Morawiecka, Lorraine Lewis, Anthony Powers, Jackie Morris

In attendance: Ward Cllr Bob Matthews, Tom Davies (internal auditor), Nicky Geeson (Tree warden), 8 members of the public; Graeme Adkin (Clerk).

1. Apologies for absence

1.1 John Wade (footpaths officer).

2. Declarations of interest & consider requests for dispensations.

2.1 None declared.

3. Minutes of meeting 20th June, and matters arising

3.1 Minutes agreed and signed by Anthony.

3.2 Clerk to thank P Eyles for Breinton Charities report.

3.3 Clerk to send photos of pooling on KAR for Balfour Beatty to action.

4. Clerk’s report, including bills to pay

4.1 Clerk provided details of recent transactions, and the bank balance as at 31st July.

4.2 Cllrs approved the following payments:-
Nepeta £90.00
Lengthsman £727.80
Clerk salary as agreed by Cllrs

4.3 Cllrs signed cheques, initialled invoices and bank statements to verify amounts reported.

4.4 Clerk reported works completed by Balfour Beatty.

4.5 Cllrs agreed to make a donation of £50 to the Ramblers for strimming the Himalayan Balsam on the WVW. To be paid at October mtg.

4.6 Clerk to send letter of thanks to donors of the further £100 for the bench and it’s upkeep at Breinton Common.

5. Other Reports

Ward Cllr Bob Matthews

5.1 Bob updated Cllrs on a number of matters, including that the Safer Roads Partnership will be conducting speed checks along KAR in the coming weeks.


5.2 Nothing to report.

Footpaths Officer

5.3 Clerk updated the meeting that no outstanding matters have arisen on the footpaths over recent weeks.

5.4 Clerk to ask for Footpath Officer’s comments on a couple of matters discussed at the meeting.

Village Hall

5.5 Lorraine advised that there has not been a VH committee meeting recently, so nothing further to report at this stage.

Tree Warden

5.6 Clerk read out Nicky’s report. Clerk to follow up matter regarding dead tree overhanging the lane.

6. By-pass

6.1 Cllrs agreed that no further action required until closer to the formal Consultation stage which is not likely to take place until early December.

7. Consultations affecting Breinton

7.1 The consultation stage on the Hereford Area Plan commenced recently and will end on 7th October.

7.2 Cllrs agreed that they will respond and to arrange a meeting towards the end of September to consider this consultation.

7.3 It was agreed that Liz will draft a response to the Budget consultation, which closes on 21st September.

8. Environment and Amenities Working Group

8.1 Cllrs agreed no further action will be taken in arranging a litter pick in the parish this year.

8.2 Clerk to advise HC of dog fouling hotspots and to request signs from them.

8.3 Cllrs to discuss with lengthsman maintenance of area around bench on Breinton Common.

8.4 Cllrs agreed to support the proposal to excavate part of the land at Breinton House.

8.5 Speed limits – Tony has received sufficient support for his proposals and will draft a report to be submitted to Herefordshire Council.

8.6 Interpretation Boards. Clerk to circulate proposals for email agreement on draft text and photos for Breinton Common board.

8.7 Site visit to consider location and text of board etc with NT at Breinton Springs – clerk to arrange.

9. Lengthsman

9.1 Arrange site visit for works near Manor Farm and interpretation boards.

10. Planning

10.1 No updates on recent decisions.

10.2 Eaton View – 182585 – proposed erection of 1 dwelling and garage. Several members of the public commented on this application. Cllrs agreed to object to the application. Clerk to draft response.

10.3 3, Four Acres – 182537 – proposed single storey extension. No comments received from neighbours. Clerk to seek clarification on 1 matter, otherwise no objections.

11. Correspondence

11.1 No points arising.

12. Items for next agenda

12.1 Precept (including membership of HALC); possible Housing Needs Survey.

Signed ………………………………. Date ………………….
Chair/Vice chair

Date of next Meeting – 17th October 2018